Sunday, January 15, 2017

Schwalbe Durano 28/406

I'm giving the Schwalbe Durano's a try on the front. The 406 (20") Schwalbe One's only come in  the 23/406 size. And the Kojaks come in 35/406. I want a little larger tire, but not as large as the Kojak 35/406s. I'm trying the Schwalbe Durano 28/406s on front while keeping the Schwalbe One 28/622 on the rear. I'm looking for a more durable and better priced tire for the rougher Central Coast roads. I'm hoping the speed loss is minimal.

FYI
The bottle cage on the boom holds my JBL Charge speaker.



My first ride with the Durano 28/406s up front seem to be nearly as comfortable as the 35/406 Kojaks. The 23/406 Schwalbe Ones I was using were like rocks. Just about anything is more comfortable then the Ones.

I'll need a few more rides to to be able judge the speed of the Duranos vs the Ones on the Central Coast roads. My initial impression is good. Given the varied conditions of the roads on the Central Coast the speed of the Duranos seem to compare well with the skinner Ones. Time will tell.